Thursday, April 29, 2010

Appel I pad

iPad

Magical and revolutionary product at an unbelievable price. Starting at $499.

The iPad is a great device, but still a work on progress
By Allan Hoffman/For The Star-Ledger
April 08, 2010, 7:00AM

apple-ipad.jpgMONICA M. DAVEY/EPA The just launched iPad is on display at the Apple store in San Francisco, California, April 3, 2010. After all the hype, after all the reviews, tweets and blog posts analyzing every detail of the iPad, from the placement of the headphone jack to the reflective qualities of its glass screen, you may still be wondering: Should I buy one?

In one word: no.

Well, let me revise that: not yet.

Let me be clear: The iPad is a sleek and beautiful computer that’s likely to inspire imitators and become a much-loved gadget and cultural icon, just like the iPod and iPhone. And yes, just a few days ago, I raved about the iPad, saying it’s "as fun and hassle-free a computer as I’ve ever used."

Still true? Yes.

But after using the iPad for several days (and thinking about it quite a bit, too), I’ve come to realize how much the iPad is a work in progress. It’s a computer that’s most suitable, at least for now, for so-called "early adopters" willing to lead the way in figuring out the real place of the tablet computer in the crowded mix of technology in our lives.

Will the iPad mainly be used for surfing the web around the house? As an extra computer,

shared by the family, for watching TV shows, reading books and playing games? Will business professionals use the iPad to draft documents, create presentations and watch the occasional video?

Probably all of the above, but the fact is, I’m still figuring out when to use my iPad (as opposed to my iPhone or MacBook notebook computer), and I expect it will take me weeks, if not longer, to integrate the iPad into my life for both work and play.

Certainly, if you’re a gung-ho early adopter, the iPad is an excellent computer, and you may want to think about buying one. But if you’re not so intrepid? Then I have three reasons why you should say "no" to the iPad, at least for now.

For more information click HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment